VIKINGS AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2015:
HISTORY®’s hit scripted drama series VIKINGS returns to San Diego Comic Con with several exciting opportunities for fans, including a panel with exclusive season four footage, a “bludgeon booth” at the convention center, drinking horns and a Vikings Longship.
VIKINGS BLUDGEON BOOTH – CONVENTION CENTER Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.
- The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
- Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
- 15s clips depicting a Viking battle are sharable via Instagram and other social platforms
VIKINGS HORNS – GASLAMP DISTRICT
Last year’s successful Vikings drinking horn program returns, giving thousands of horn-shaped beer vessels to eager and thirsty fans.
- Select local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders
- Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
VIKINGS LONGSHIP – DOWNTOWN / GASLAMP DISTRICT Let fans conquer San Diego aboard a Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor.
- Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego “Seal Boat” into a Vikings Longship
- The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride.
- Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
For more on Vikings, visit the official site.
Follow Vikings on Twitter using #VikingsSDCC.
Video courtesy of History Channel © 2015 A&E Television Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
© 2015, Elle. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Elle (Posts)
- The Walking Dead Season Finale – “The First Day of the Rest of Your Life” Review. It’s Showtime! - April 6, 2017
- The Walking Dead – “Something They Need” Review. Full of Guns and Surprises and Guns. - March 29, 2017
- The Walking Dead – “The Other Side” Review. Girl Power! - March 22, 2017
- The Walking Dead ― “Bury Me Here” Review. The End Is Near. - March 15, 2017