Admittedly, I’m a late bloomer when it comes to watching Psych but after bingeing on Netflix, I’m finally up to season five of Psych and absolutely love the show! One of my favorite things is when Shawn asks Gus to “say it in a Jamaican accent.” I’m hoping to be fully caught up when season 8 rolls around. Until then, I have my Netflix queued up and Psych The Musical (which premiered at San Diego Comic-Con this year) to tide me over.
In a press release:
CALLING ALL PSYCH-Os! ‘PSYCH THE MUSICAL’ PREMIERES ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15 AT 9/8C
The Two-Hour Special Musical Event Features Santa Barbara’s Finest Singing and Dancing Along with Special Guest Stars Ally Sheedy, Tony Award Winner Barry Bostwick, Anthony Rapp, Brooke Lyons and Jimmi Simpson
On Sunday, December 15, USA Network’s hit series PSYCH presents a spectacular two-hour musical special, PSYCH THE MUSICAL. Fans have been waiting years for this musical extravaganza that will have everyone’s favorite faux psychic, his best friend and the Santa Barbara Police Department’s finest all kicking up their heels and singing 14 original songs.
In the special, Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dulé Hill) dive into a world that’s equal parts mystery and melody. The duo must track down playwright and mad man, Z (guest star Anthony Rapp, “Rent”), who six years earlier was deemed criminally insane after trapping a critic in the theater and burning it to the ground. With little to go on, they are forced to consult with the one person Z confided in while institutionalized — a dangerous and familiar villain from Shawn’s past. Their informant uses songs and cryptic clues to reveal Z’s next steps.
PSYCH creator/executive producer Steve Franks wrote and directed PSYCH THE MUSICAL, and along with music composer Adam Cohen, co-wrote the 14 original songs and reprises. The music and lyrics were recorded in part on the iconic Sinatra stage at Capital Records in Los Angeles. In addition to Rapp, guest stars include Ally Sheedy (“The Breakfast Club”) who returns as the infamous Mr. Yang, Tony Award Winner Barry Bostwick (“Cougar Town”), Brooke Lyons (“2 Broke Girls”) and Jimmi Simpson (“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) plus Kurt Fuller (“Midnight in Paris”) who recurs as Woody the coroner.
Below is a full list of the songs featured in the episode:
· Santa Barbara Skies – James Roday/ Dulé Hill
· Z’s Lament – Anthony Rapp
· I’ve Heard it Both Ways – James Roday/Tim Omundson/Maggie Lawson
· Yang’s Xmas – Ally Sheedy
· Making Up a Song – James Roday/ Dulé Hill /Tim Omundson/Maggie Lawson/Ally Sheedy
· Often It’s the Opposite Pt. 1 – Kurt Fuller
· Often It’s the Opposite Pt. 2 – Kurt Fuller
· I Hurt No One – James Roday/Anthony Rapp
· I’ve Hear It Both Ways Reprise 1 – Tim Omundson
· Santa Barbara Skies Reprise – Tim Omundson/Maggie Lawson/Kirsten Nelson
· I’ve Heard It Both Ways Reprise 2 – James Roday/Tim Omundson/Maggie Lawson
· Yang’s Death – Jimmi Simpson/Ally Sheedy
· Shawn’s Breakdown – James Roday/Anthony Rapp
· Gus in the Spotlight – Dulé Hill
· Z’s Surrender – Anthony Rapp
· Jamaican Inspector – Dulé Hill
PSYCH THE MUSICAL is written and directed by Steve Franks, who executive produces with Kelly Kulchak and Chris Henze and is from Universal Cable Productions in association with Tagline Pictures.
Source: ©2013 USA Network. All Rights Reserved.
[Post Views (573)]
© 2013, Judy. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Judy (Posts)
- VIDEO: Interviews with Philip Winchester and Wesley Snipes of NBC’s The Player - 31 July, 2015
- Julia Ormond Joins Cast of Syfy’s New Series Incorporated - 31 July, 2015
- VIDEO: Interviews with Falling Skies Cast and Co-EP at Comic-Con - 31 July, 2015
- Travel Channel New SeriesThrill Factor Premieres Aug 12 - 28 July, 2015