In press release:
LIFETIME AND YAHOO TV PARTNER TO PREMIERE
SPECIAL ROAD TO THE RUNWAY ONLINE
One Hour Project Runway Casting Special Now Available
to Promote Emmy® Nominated Series’ August 6 Linear Premiere
In advance of Emmy® Award nominated Project Runway’s (#ProjectRunway) upcoming Season 14 debut, Lifetime and Yahoo TV have partnered to premiere the hour-long casting special Road to the Runway online, effective immediately. Introducing this season’s set of designers with home and closet tours of each contestant and giving a first look into what’s in store for the series’ 14th season, Road to the Runway will air linearly at 8pm ET/PT next Thursday, August 6th, leading into Project Runway’s return at 9pm ET/PT.
Road to the Runway will also be available for preview on demand through A+E Networks’ cable, satellite, and telco distribution partners, myLifetime.com and the Lifetime App (via iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox 360 and Amazon Fire TV).
Recently nominated for four Emmys, including Outstanding Reality-Competition Program and Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program, Project Runway returns with 16 new hopeful designers competing for fashion glory. With New York as their canvas for inspiration, the fashion adventure of their lives will only last as long as they continue to impress judges Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, and mentor Gunn. But no decision is ever final, as Gunn will once again have an opportunity to “save” one designer from being eliminated.
Guest judges this season include Bella Thorne (Scream), Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men), Tracee Ellis Ross (Black-ish), Paula Patton (About Last Night), Ashley Tisdale (Clipped), Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer (UnREAL), singer/songwriter Ciara Singer and America’s Got Talent judge Mel B, Supermodel Coco Rocha, fashion designer Lisa Perr and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model and host of Lifetime’s Project Runway Junior, Hannah Davis
The Project Runway Season 14 designers are:
- Amanda Perna, 28 - Delray Beach, FL
- Ashley Nell Tipton, 23 - San Diego, CA
- Blake Patterson, 24 - Chardon, OH, and Los Angeles, CA
- Candice Marie Cuoco, 27 - San Francisco, CA
- David Giampiccolo, 31 - Brussels, Belgium, and Los Angeles, CA
- Duncan Chambers-Watson, 25 - Christchurch, New Zealand
- Edmond Newton, 36 – Union, SC, and Atlanta, GA
- Gabrielle Arruda, 27 - Brooklyn, NY
- Hanmiao Yang, 26 - Chengdu, China, and New York, NY
- Jake Wall, 35 - San Luis Obispo and San Francisco, CA
- Joseph Poli, 37 - San Diego, CA, and Las Vegas, NV
- Kelly Dempsey, 31 - Monson, MA, and Boston, MA
- Laurie Underwood, 29 - Chicago, IL
- Lindsey Creel, 28 - Austin, TX
- Merline Labissiere, 32 - Miami, FL, and Savannah, GA
- Swapnil Shinde, 33 - Mumbai, India
The winner of Project Runway will receive $100,000 to launch his or her business and a Celebrity Cruises® modern luxury vacation for two to almost anywhere in the world. Sally Beauty will supply a year’s worth of products and the opportunity to consult with Sally Beauty to create a limited edition “FingerPaints” nail color collection. Travel and hotel accommodations to inspiring destinations around the world will be provided by Best Western International and from Mary Kay, the winner will receive an entire year’s worth of beauty products for their fashion shows and professional makeup artist services for their debut show. The winner also receives a 2015 Lexus RC 350 and a complete sewing and crafting studio from Brother Sewing and Embroidery. The winning designer and model will also receive a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine.
For more on the show, visit the official site.
Follow Project Runway on Twitter using #ProjectRunway.
Content courtesy of Lifetime © 2015 Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
© 2015, Elle. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Elle (Posts)
- The Walking Dead Season Finale – “The First Day of the Rest of Your Life” Review. It’s Showtime! - April 6, 2017
- The Walking Dead – “Something They Need” Review. Full of Guns and Surprises and Guns. - March 29, 2017
- The Walking Dead – “The Other Side” Review. Girl Power! - March 22, 2017
- The Walking Dead ― “Bury Me Here” Review. The End Is Near. - March 15, 2017